Dear Rockstar Marketing Specialist,
Do You Enjoy…
- Making Others Smile?
- Meeting and Talking with a Variety of People both in Person and Phone?
- Having a truly pivotal role in a company that helps active people stay fit, healthy and mobile while avoiding medications, injections and surgery?
- promoting and leading people “Healthy Aging” to be more active and free of pain even their >80’s?
If so, this could be the perfect position for you!
Before we dive into roles and tasks, let me give a quick background on the company and why this position is going to be so important…
I started FuncPhysio Physical Therapy P.C. in 2015. Previously I work in large hospitals and private clinics where I had to see 2-5 patients per hour. It was just like a factory, which I felt helplessness because I could not provide what I thought the best for them. Unfortunately, this kind of physical therapy clinic is all over the states due to insurance company dictation. This is the reason I established FuncPhysio to truly help people.
Originally it was just me. I was a therapist, administrator, marketer, and receptionist. Less than one year, Funcphysio grew up quickly purely by word-of-mouth. People recognized my quality of service and the results they are getting. However, no matter how I tried my best, I could not see more than 40 clients per week.
My mission is to help thousands of people who are ignored by the current health care system like people; “I went to doctor for my back pain, but they just give me a painkiller”, “a surgeon recommended only surgery for my back, but I want to avoid it”, “I went physical therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, and massage, but my back is not better”, “my doctor told me that my back pain is normal for my age, I just have to live with it”, and so on.
Therefore, I recruited therapists who had the same passion and were expertly-trained. Literally, our therapists are one of the best therapists in the U.S. which I am very proud of them.
We only provide full 60-minute, individualized, 1-on-1 treatment sessions every time.
Now, we have a great physical therapist team. Yet, we need Rockstar Marketing Specialists to let more people in our community who need our services.
Key skills required for this position
We do not require college degree in marketing/business nor experience in marketing. We, rather, want person who has street-smartness, exceptional motivation, self-solving skills, new ideas, energy, interpersonal skills, and action-force. The following key qualities are important no matter how long you’ve been in the field.
- Exceptional communication skills: effective writing and oral skills. Marketing is knowing how to appeal to people, how to communicate an idea, story, or feeling most effectively.
- Creativity and imagination: have to come up with fresh, new, and exciting ways of branding products and services and brainstorm ways to create mass appeal for those products and services. This requires an enormous amount of creativity.
- Interpersonal skills. Interpersonal skills are necessary for doing the job well. You will also be working with our team members (therapists, admins, etc) and will be constantly interacting with them to create marketing materials, videos, and publishing materials. Good interpersonal skills are especially crucial for big, collaborative projects.
- Influencer abilities. Influencers have a natural or learned ability to encourage others to think in new ways, to reconsider perspectives. You should know how to inspire and generate interest in any idea and have an underlying psychological astuteness and emotional awareness, all qualities for successful marketing.
- Business savvy. Marketers need good business sense and should understand the practical and intuitive rules of commerce. Marketing goals are intrinsically connected to business goals.
- Analytic skills: You will need to interpret and analyze results, conversion rates, statistics, and so on. Comfort with numbers, graphs, and charts is a valuable asset.
- Trend-savvy marketing skills (Digital and social media skills): We are in a big change in our society. Although traditional marketing skills are still important in our field, you need to have a good understanding and skills set to market through platforms such as CRM soft (email marketing), Google, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, podcast, and etc.
- Niche marketing skills: our business is in wellness and health. You need to understand our industry well to reach out to a specific targeted population.
- Bilingual in both Japanese and English: our business is not only in U.S. but also in Japan. We do need to market in English and Japanese.
Growing Our Clinic
I’ve utilized part-time contract assistants along the way for various tasks and I’m still absolutely buried in administrative duties that keep me from not only treating clients, but also executing the important marketing and procedural systems the company really needs to grow efficiently.
We will be strengthening and growing our commitment to make FuncPhysio that gives its clients the best overall experience they’ve ever had with any healthcare office and work to save thousands of people to achieve healthy active aging with free from painkillers, unnecessary surgeries and injections in not only US, but also in Japan over the course of the next 10 years (and I don’t make that statement lightly).
At FuncPhysio Physical Therapy our mission to be the primary provider for people with pain or injuries and to enhance and empower the lives of people we encounter to change and grow.
The person in this position will have just as big a role in making that happen as the physical therapists do … probably even bigger.
This is currently a full-time position, 40 hours per week. If necessary, some work could potentially be done offsite to accommodate for a fixed family schedule. (If you are really excited about this position and want to join us but cannot work full-time base, we are happy to open a part-time position for you)
Core values: We are looking for a candidate who is able to adhere to the following
People First, Patient Second: See the person as a human being and relate with them on that level, then find out what they need. We believe that the person who walks in our door is the 1st priority.
Pursue Growth and Learning: We are a company of self-starters who are never satisfied with the status-quo. We are always learning and not afraid to try new things. Personal growth and development using open and honest communication and regular feedback are vital to our success.
Keep It Positive: We help patients achieve positive and hopeful outcomes. Pain is normal, our goal is to help our patients understand what it means.
Do More with Less: We keep things simple. We are constantly streamlining and automating wherever we can. We strive for essential communication with patients about their body, treatment, and exercises. Less chat, more communication!
Over Deliver/ Go Above and Beyond Expectations: Provide an exceptional experience that was never expected.
Be Fully Present: Give patients and your work 100% Attention.
Model Healthy and Active Lifestyle: “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” Exercise regularly, get regular treatment; be proactive about your health for your patients, friends & family.
Create Community: Patients are part of the FuncPhysio PT family for life through all ages and stages of life. Employees and staff are also connected and invested in serving the long term goals and mission of our practice. We are a team!
Be part of something bigger: Be a Yes and someone who is standing positively for what’s happening in your life and the lives you touch, and for what you want to have happened in your future (and your patients future)—you’re a person who’s up to something bigger, and you can inspire our patients by showing up fully in your life.
The successful candidate will work for the owners of the business to ensure that these core values are present in the day to day running of the business – and ultimately, responsible for the successful growth of the business.
Please re-read the job description and core values again and make sure you deeply believe they describe you. Every characteristic is highly important and written very deliberately.
If they do describe you, we would love to meet you!
Here’s a video of where you might be working…
I have another related business in which I help physical therapists to be out of the traditional Japanese system, therefore they can help more people, like us. You might also be helping me with certain tasks there as well (posting blogs, videos, podcasts, social media, emails, customer service, etc … don’t worry, we can grow together. So you’ll also get to learn all about how a business works.
In case you were wondering: This PT clinic is not “in-network” with any insurance/Medicare. We take insurance with out-of-network benefit, yet we work with a billing company so experience with medical billing is not necessary, and you won’t have to spend your time arguing with insurance companies
Salary range: 35k-55k. However, remember you have a lot of room to grow and carrier up!!
How to Apply…
Thanks for reading this far! You’re already showing some of the characteristics we are looking for so if you’re interested in applying for this position, please send an email to:
- The Subject should be “I’m that rockstar marketing specialist!”
- Attach your resume as a PDF file
- Within the email, please write 550 words about why you feel you are a great fit for this position. Then please translate the sentences into Japanese as well.
- Please follow the instruction written in the email you receive.
Thank you so much for your interest in this position.
I hope to meet you soon!