Dr. Hiroya Kosaki, PT, DPT, PN1, CSCS, CKTP
After graduating from a physical therapy school in Japan in 2018, I worked for two years in a clinic in Japan. In order to further enhance my skills as a physical therapist, I enrolled in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Emory University in Georgia in 2020. During my studies in the United States, I obtained certifications in nutrition, strength conditioning, and kinesio taping to expand my knowledge in various fields of physical therapy science. I graduated with a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree and obtained my physical therapy license. I then joined FuncPhysio Physical Therapy.
From my experience in soccer, I specialize in providing advice on proper body movement during exercise and injury prevention. I have a particular interest in orthopedics and sports, and I have taken classes in manual therapy and exercise therapy to approach treatments from multiple perspectives.
Here is a timeline of my educational and professional journey:
- 2018: Graduated from a physical therapy school in Saitama, Japan, and obtained a physical therapy license.
- 2018: Joined the Kawagoe Clinic at Saitama Medical University.
- 2021: Obtained Precision Nutrition Level 1 (PN1) certification.
- 2021: Became a Certified Strength Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
- 2021: Obtained Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP) certification.
- 2023: Graduated with a Doctor of Physical Therapy from Emory University in Georgia.