「The therapists at FuncPhysio have studied in Japan and the United States. They have gained a reputation for providing treatments that solve long-standing, challenging problems, as well as issues that patients have gave up on.」
Yohei loves to play golf and his handicap was at the scratch level. He has been a club champion at one of golf club in U.S. But now he is a single handicap golfer because he values his clinic and time with his family.
He has covered various golf tournament as a physical therapist.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Yohei Takada graduated from Shenandoah University in Virginia with Bachelor of Biology with highest academic achievement (Dean’s Award). Dr. Takada earned his Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) with honor at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York.
- CFMT (Certified Functional Manual Therapy)
- Functional Manual Therapy approach was developed by Gregg and Vick Johnson, founders of the Institute of Physical Art (I.P.A.). This certification has one of the highest requirement in obtaining it in the physical therapy profession, requiring more than 200 hour of education and one-week process of certification examination. Among more than 200,000 licensed Physical Therapists in U.S., only 300 of them have achieved CFMT. Dr. Takada received this certification with distinction in 2013.
- PRC (Postural Restoration Certified)
- The Postural Restoration Institute established a credentialing program in 2004 as a way to recognize and identify those individuals with advanced training, extraordinary interest and devotion to the science of postural adaptations, asymmetrical patterns and the influence of polyarticular chains of muscles on the human body as defined by the Postural Restoration Institute. Postural Restoration Certified™ (PRC) credentialing program is available to Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, and Chiropractors who have attended the required PRI courses, demonstrated a thorough understanding of the science through completion of the PRC application, and successfully participate in both clinical and analytical testing. To date 233 individuals have earned the designation of PRC under the direction of Ron Hruska.
- CAOPT (Certification in Advanced Orthopedic Physical Therapy)
- Dr. Takada completed the orthopedic and manual therapy residency program (OPTR) at Touro College. This clinical residency is intended as a program of post-professional clinical and didactic education for physical therapists and is designed to significantly advance the therapist’s preparation as a provider of patient care services in a defined area of clinical practice. It is designed to substantially advance a therapist’s expertise in examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, intervention, and management of patients in a defined area of clinical practice (specialty). Touro College OPTR consisted of 11 clinical courses, followed by 200 hours of clinical mentorship. Dr. Takada completed the clinical mentorship under Dean Hazama and Brad Gilden at IPA Manhattan.
- OCS (Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist) and SCS (Sports Clinical Specialist)
- Dr. Takada is a board certified Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) as well as a board certified Sports Clinical Specialist (SCS) by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties. There are only 8,532 physical therapists certified for OCS and only 1,226 physical therapists are certified in SCS. Therapists who earn both OCS and SCS are very rare and Dr. Takada is one of therapists who achieve this highest distinction.
- CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist)
- CSCS is a certification from The National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), which is the world leading membership organization for thousands of elite strength coaches, personal trainers, and dedicated researchers and educators. CSCS professionals apply scientific knowledge to train athletes for the primary goal of improving athletic performance. They conduct sport-specific testing sessions, design and implement safe and effective strength training and conditioning programs, and provide guidance regarding nutrition and injury prevention. The CSCS certification is widely recognized as the esteemed credential for strength and conditioning professionals in the United States and increasingly around the world.